Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Stash - Missouri Star Quilt Co. (AGAIN!)

It's "Sunday Stash" time again from over at Molli Sparkles' Blog.

Molli Sparkles 

I know, I know... I said in my last Sunday Stash post that I was done shopping for a while.  I broke my own promise.  I just couldn't help myself... REALLY!

Back on May 28th, Missouri Star Quilt Co's Daily Deal was this awesome charm pack from Doodlebug Designs



I can't quite remember the price off the top of my head, but it was crazy cheap!  I've got a really cute Christmas Tree Skirt on my "To-Do" list and thought this line would be PERFECT for it! 

I actually fell in love with this line as scrapbooking paper of all things.  I ordered the entire line from A Cherry On Top last year for my "History of Christmas" album I've been working on.  I LOVE Doodlebug Designs, and was floored to find out that they do fabric as well!  Being a newbie quilter, I'm still learning all the fabric designers and manufacturers, and I can't believe how many companies cross genres and do both paper lines and fabric lines :-)  

Naturally, I had to make sure I got enough to complete the tree skirt, so I got 2 of the charm packs (one at the DD price and one at the regular price), as well as the rest of the yardage to complete the top.  I'm most likely going to just back it with muslin, which I can pickup from JoAnn's later on, but I just had to jump at such a great deal for something I absolutely love!


Again, ordered on May 28th and received it on June 2nd.  Well... it should have been June 2nd.  The stinkin mailman was apparently too lazy to bring the package to my door, or completely forgot to deliver it and marked it as "attempted delivery with no authorized recipient to receive package" with a notice left.  Funny thing is... I was home when they said they attempted delivery, did not get a notice as indicated, AND there was no signature required on the package so there was no reason for them to not deliver it.  Called USPS and filed a formal complaint.  They finally brought it on the 3rd, but I was aggravated to say the least.

I would LOVE to say this is it for my shopping... but unfortunately I can't do that.  I really want to now make a matching table runner for my living room and have all the materials required sitting in another cart on Missouri Star.  I'm not in any hurry for it naturally, so it's going to sit there until they have another free shipping or bonus Quilter's Cash day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, and a great week to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment