Today I broke out my embroidery machine that has been tucked away in a closet for over two years! It was misbehaving worse than a tired two year-old so it was put in "time out" for a bit. Honestly, I had given up on it and was in the market for getting a new one when I decided to give it one last chance. If it didn't work, I was going to take it to a local sewing center and have it "tuned up," but I wanted to see if the time-out had worked first.
MIL's quilt. This ribbon design I found on Etsy and I wasn't sure how it would embroidery out. Sometimes, depending on how the design was digitized, the design comes out wonky. So.... I held my breath and hit the start button.
Not too bad! My fussy-cutting of the design wasn't the greatest, but it worked!! I am SOOOO excited!!! Maybe that time-out really worked :-) Now the big test is, can it handle more embroidery. With that in mind, I went in search of some applique designs that had a bit more to them and I found this from my favorite site to get embroidery designs from... Embroidery Library. I changed up the colors a bit, but all-in-all, it didn't turn out too bad!
Now.... the true test will be to do a full embroidery design. No applique. For this one, I wanted to try an intricate design with some wording. So, I went back to Embroidery Library and found this gorgeous design.
After a couple hours tonight of work, I managed to get all the squares cut for the blanket, all the applique blocks done, and two of the five embroidered blocks done. All-in-all, not a bad night :-)