I finally settled on a design base for the Dr. Seuss quilt. I started sewing the 9-patch blocks together using the layout I created on my iPad in the Quiltology app.
Next came the scary part.... cutting them into quarter blocks. I don't know why this was so scary for me, but it was. Maybe it's because I only had just enough fabric to do the squares, leaving no room for error. Who knows. I was honestly shaking during the cutting of the first block.
Now I've got the layout going on my floor in my sewing room. Unfortunately I don't have a design wall (yet... no room for one in my current sewing room), so I have to do all my placements on the floor. Not exactly ideal, but it has to do for now.
Hopefully going to get started on sewing the blocks together tonight/tomorrow and get this quilt top done and ready for some quilting and binding.
Happy Saturday everyone!
Linking up with SEWjo Saturday at My Go-Go Life