Saturday, May 31, 2014

SEWjo Saturday - Dr. Seuss Baby Quilt

Phew.  I'm so excited it's finally the weekend again.  Not that my 4-day work week was that terrible, I just couldn't wait for the weekend to get here.

I finally settled on a design base for the Dr. Seuss quilt.  I started sewing the 9-patch blocks together using the layout I created on my iPad in the Quiltology app.



Next came the scary part.... cutting them into quarter blocks.  I don't know why this was so scary for me, but it was.  Maybe it's because I only had just enough fabric to do the squares, leaving no room for error.  Who knows.  I was honestly shaking during the cutting of the first block.


Now I've got the layout going on my floor in my sewing room.  Unfortunately I don't have a design wall (yet... no room for one in my current sewing room), so I have to do all my placements on the floor.   Not exactly ideal, but it has to do for now.


Hopefully going to get started on sewing the blocks together tonight/tomorrow and get this quilt top done and ready for some quilting and binding.

Happy Saturday everyone!


Linking up with SEWjo Saturday at My Go-Go Life

http://www.gogokim.blogspot.com/2014/05/sewjo-saturday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment