Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Stash - Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Here's my very first "Sunday Stash" from over at Molli Sparkles' Blog.

Molli Sparkles
I actually got this order a few weeks ago but just kept forgetting to blog about it.  Ya know how it is.... you get some "Happy Mail," tear open the package, fondle all the goodies inside, and then put the box in your craft room to be put away.  However, in the days that pass, you forget about the box and then when you do remember, you can't remember where you put it :-(  That's what this was like for me.

I placed a decent sized order with Missouri Star Quilt Company (my new favorite place to shop!) and got it about a week later.  Oh, the box was FILLED with lovely goodies :-)

  1. The BLOCK Magazine, Vol 1 Issue 1
  2. Enchanted Pond Jelly Roll by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics
  3. Kona Cotton Parchment Jelly Roll
  4. Enchanted Pond - Magenta Yardage
  5. Kona Cotton Parchment Yardage
  6. Small Charm Quilt Pattern by Fons & Porter
  7. Tree Skirt Pattern by Fons & Porter
  8. Summer In The Park Quilt Pattern by Fons & Porter
Now, I know that the three patterns are all ones where Jenny from Missouri Star has done tutorial videos on YouTube.  Maybe I'm weird, but I like to have the physical pattern to reference to rather than watching the tutorial a million times to try and write down the directions from there.   For whatever reason it just seems easier to have the physical pattern.

The Lattice Quilt that I'm going to be making for one of my aunts for Christmas this year came out of the BLOCK magazine.  It is a gorgeous pattern and I can't wait to get started on it.  The jelly rolls and the yardage from this order are all for the Summer In The Park quilt that I also got the pattern for.  That one is going in my living room... whenever I manage to get it done.

That all being said, after reviewing my post from Monday and looking at my "To-Do" list, I've decided that I'm not allowing myself to buy any more fabric/materials until I get a couple of projects done off of the list.  I have the backing and batting for the two quilts for my aunts (picked those up at JoAnn's last weekend with a couple of coupons and a good sale) but I'm holding off on buying the stuff to make the tops until one or two more projects on my list are done.  I've got all the stuff already picked out and sitting in a cart on Missouri Star's website, but I'm holding off on hitting the "Submit" button, at least for now.

Today also happens to be my Dad's birthday!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dad!  Here's to many, many more fun-filled years!!
Dad enjoying the sun on their vaca to Floriday last week

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday, and has a great week to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment