Saturday, March 21, 2015

National Quilting Day

Happy National Quilting Day to all my fellow quilters out there!  This is my first one, and I'm totally excited!  I've got big plans for my craft room this weekend.

Before I get started on some quilting, I got a bit sidetracked trying out this "Eggie" design I got from over at Uncle Matt's Crib.

I bought a bunch of fleece remnants a few weeks back from JoAnns specifically to try these out.  Not only were they easy to do (only took about 20 minutes) but it didn't even use much fleece.  1 yard of the anti-pill fleece will make LOTS of these guys!  All the parts of the face are just plain crafting felt.  So incredibly easy!  This one is for my niece, Miss L, who is OBSESSED with Elmo!  Better yet, I stuffed it using an old bed pillow that was on it's way to the garbage :-)

Now it's time to get to doing some quilting....


First up this weekend is at least one Cuddle Quilt. This one is for my new "nephew" and his nursery is bee-themed. I love these little quilts and got so excited when I found them at JoAnns a few weeks ago. Fabrics are pre-washed and ready to go. 

Hoping I can get minimally the cuddle quilt done, and really hoping I can get started on another gift. This one I won't be able to share until it's done as I don't know if she/he reads my blog or not. Don't want to ruin the surprise and the theme of the quilt would totally give it away!!

Off to go play in my craft room for the day. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!

Linking up with Show Off Saturday at SewCanShe


No comments:

Post a Comment