Friday, March 6, 2015

Finish Friday - It's About Time


I'm Being "out of commission" for most of February has put me behind where I want to be by now with my projects for this year.  When I started off this week, I had three UFOs on my desk.  Hubby's Family Guy quilt, the Valentine's Day vests for my DJ's, and the Bionic Bag for my BFF. 

Well.... I got two of the three done this week.  Not too shabby if you ask me. 

Bionic Bag for the BFF




As I stated in my post from earlier this week, thank GOD for the video tutorial I found on YouTube for this little bag!  I don't think I would have been able to complete it without it!  I bookmarked the link, so for the next one(s) I've got planned, it'll be an easy reference for me.  I'm sure that after I get a couple done, it'll be easy-peasy... but until then, I'm grateful for the help!

Bionic Bag Details:

  • Started: February 26, 2015     Finished: March 2, 2015
  • Pattern:  Bionic Gear Bag by Sally Thompson
  • Fabric: Novelty & Keepsake Calico fabric from JoAnn's, Pellon SF101 Interfacing
  • Notions: 4 - 9" zippers and 1 - 22" zipper from Wawak.com
  • Thread: Coats & Clark - Pink All-Purpose Thread

Valentine's Day Vests for the DJ's



These were intended to be worn on Valentine's Day by my DJ guys, but alas... life got in the way and I didn't get them done in time.  Hubby ended up not DJing that night anyways because we were headed to PA for my grandmother's funeral, but that's besides the point.  I wanted to get them 100% done so that they will be ready to wear for next year, plus two less items on my UFO list!
 
Valentine's Day Vests Details:

  • Started: February 5, 2015     Finished: March 5, 2015
  • Pattern:  McCall's Pattern M2447 - Sizes XL & XXL
  • Fabric: Valentine's Day Fabric, County Classic Solids (lining), and Costume Satin (Backing) from JoAnn's
  • Notions: 5 - 5/8" Buttons & Tie Buckle from JoAnn's
  • Thread: Coats & Clark - Black All-Purpose Thread
I've still got Hubby's Family Guy Quilt to finish, but it's going to have to stay in the UFO pile for a little while longer.  My DJ guys are going to be MC'ing a St. Patrick's Day party on the 13th and they want St. Patrick's Day vests to wear.  I've had the stuff for months, but now it's crunch time to get them done in time.  With any luck, they'll both be done by the end of this weekend, and then I'll be able to tackle finishing up on the quilt.  As of today, we've only "technically" got 14 days left until spring, and I'd like Hubby to be able to somewhat enjoy it this year.  Lol.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday, and has a great weekend to come!


Fort Worth Fabric Studio



Linking back to Fabric Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio, Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts , TGIFF at Quokka Quilts, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Link-A-Finish Friday at Richard & Tanya Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finishes. I love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bag and love that vest! Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finishes, both. Those Valentine Days DJ vest could also double at some wedding functions too. Good for you on getting sew much done.

    ReplyDelete