So... this weekend I was determined to get it done. I pulled it off the shelf, dusted it off, and got to work.
Just simple straight-line stitching in the smaller blocks and rectangles, then some diagonal lines in a couple of the larger rectangles. Then it was time to tackle the 12" square blocks and the 8" square blocks. Didn't want to do something too crazy or intricate, but they definitely needed something.
On the 12" blocks, I just used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a star shape out of cardstock that was about 8" x 8", traced it on the block, and then used my FMQ foot. They're far from perfect, but they look OK.
Then, for the 8" blocks, I used my loopy swirls stencil and just did some FMQ in the block. Again, far from perfect, but doesn't look terrible.
It's now about 95% done with the binding attached and just needing the hand-stitching done. Add to that a quilt label (which I still have to make), and it'll be ready to go. Figures... I am finally going to finish it and we have officially entered Spring here in NE Ohio with temps in the 50s.
Linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, Fabric Tuesday at A Quilt Story, and Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
Also linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts' Let's Bee Social
Linking back to Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and I Quilt Thursdays at Pretty Bobbins.