Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wowzers! Over a Week?!?!?!

I'm SOOOOO sorry!!  I feel like I've been neglecting everyone over the past few weeks.  I've been swamped with housework and projects, many many obligations, plus I haven't been feeling well at all.  Makes for a crazy Rosie.

I have been sewing up a storm though!  I've managed to get the "inner quilt" part of my Lattice Quilt done with the help of my new baby "Rosie."  OMG does she sew like a dream!  I am seriously in LOVE with her!



This picture is from last week, but it'll have to do for now until I can get Hubby's help taking a full-size picture :-)  I LOVE the colors and the way it's coming together!  I was honestly scared to even attempt this pattern, but once I got going and found my "rhythm," it all came together quite quickly.



I also have a new addition to the sewing room.... a brand new PINK sewing chair!!  Up until now I've been using an old card chair as a sewing chair.  Worked fine with my scrapbooking and with my Janome.  However, once Rosie came into my life (along with her extension table), I found it rather awkward to be sitting so low at my table.  I did a LOT of research trying to find a nice but affordable chair and I found one.  I ordered the Office Star Mesh Task Chair in pink from Overstock.com.  Reasonably priced (plus I had a coupon) and free shipping.  Just what I was looking for.  Ordered last Thursday and it came on Monday :-)  Took a whole whopping 15 minutes to assemble and I was on my way.

Hubby picked up a 3rd job (yes, he's nuts!) at a coffee shop a couple of nights a week and he's working tonight and tomorrow.  Planning on getting the borders on my quilt and hopefully basted this weekend, and I've also got to prep the fabric to make a couple of button-down shirts Hubby requested of me.  Going to be a busy, but productive few days!


I Quilt @ Pretty BobbinsMy Quilt Infatuation


Linking back to Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and I Quilt Thursdays at Pretty Bobbins.


No comments:

Post a Comment