Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another One Off The List...

It's been a long process, but I finally can check Christmas gift #2 off the list!

This one was quite a challenge considering I'm still a "newbie," but overall it was a lot of fun and turned out better than I had hoped!
Being twice the size of the other two quilts I've done, I was honestly worried that it would turn out OK.  Not only did the top come together extremely quickly once I got into a rhythm with it, but the new large throat space on my new machine made quilting a breeze!
I chose to do echo stitching in the lattice and first border, and then Stitch-In-The-Ditch thru the triangles.  I also just did some straight stitching in the border to give it some more texture.

Here are the project details:

I actually had so much fun making this one that I've already got the stuff to make a Christmas-themed one (eventually).  So glad to be able to check another one of the list :)  Such a great feeling!

Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!

Linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River and Fabric Tuesday at A Quilt Story.



Fresh Poppy Design


Sew Fresh Quilts



Also Linking back to Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts , TGIFF, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Link-A-Finish Friday at Richard & Tanya Quilts





19 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this quilt! Nice job (and I'm impressed that you are so ahead of me in Christmas gift making!!)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. Your colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, your quilt turned out wonderful! No one would guess that you are a Newbie! Have I seen you around the Quilting Board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for you! I like the colors and the pattern. You really got this one done pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice! Who is still a newbie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I think you have graduated from newbie...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors and the pattern choice is perfect.

    I may have to check out that tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful my friend. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love your fabrics and colours, and your quilting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that was the perfect pattern for that combination of fabrics. It turned out beautiful, and with plenty of time to finish more Christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job for a Newbie. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect finish, Jess! Love the quilting! Bravo! Nice to hear you have a larger throat space on your new machine. That makes all the difference in the world. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilting choices -- the simple stitch in the ditch on the triangles make them kind of stand out and I like that. Nice job. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous quilt, and a great Christmas gift! It's great to get some presents finished this early on, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love your color choices, and the white lattice really brings those colors out.

    ReplyDelete