Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Stash & To-Do List Update

We're coming to a close on this glorious 3-day weekend here in the States :(  I'm really dreading having to go back to work tomorrow, but I just keep telling myself... only a few more weeks until Labor Day!  :D 

I know I said I wasn't going to be buying anything for a long while, but I kinda broke my own rule and did a bit of shopping at JoAnn's on Thursday night last week.  Between the sales and the coupons... I just couldn't help myself. 

Butterflies

Super Heroes

Space Aliens


I don't feel too bad about the purchase.  All this, PLUS two crib-sized battings for $40!  The fabric is enough to make 3 child-sized quilts that are going to be for my niece and two nephews (hopefully) for Christmas. 

If you haven't noticed my ever-growing "To Do" list on the right sidebar, be sure to check it out.  I've got the links to all the patterns as well on there.  If you have been watching it closely, you'll notice that there have been TWO projects checked off this weekend, but three added to the bottom as well.  Lol. 

With the holiday weekend, I managed to not only finish the first Christmas gift for this year, but also to crank out the table runner for my coffee table (post & pics to come).  Checking two off the list felt REALLY good!  I've made myself a schedule of sorts to stay on track for the Christmas gifts this year.  Permitting no major catastrophes occur, it's looking like they should all be done by November and ready to go for Christmas. 

If the three child quilts get done prior to Christmas, great!  If not, no worries.  There are about 3-4 months of winter here after the holidays, so even if they didn't get them until January... they'd still have plenty of time to use them before the warm weather hits.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend, a spectacular Sunday, and have a great week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment