Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Happy Monday everyone!!!  It's an extra-special Monday today as it is Hubby's birthday (the big 3-8!).  We celebrated ALL weekend long!  It started off with a cookout on Saturday with all of our friends.




Instead of doing traditional cookout food on Saturday, due mainly in part to the unpredictable weather this weekend, I decided to go with Hubby's favorite for dinner.... Stuffed cabbage & mashed potatoes.  It's a lot of work, especially when cooking for 15 people, but it was totally worth it in the end! 

We held the party over at our friends' house as they have the perfect back yard for parties as well as a party-friendly basement that we could re-locate to if the weather went south.  Come 7pm, we were ready to PAR-TAY!

Fully Stocked Fridge
168 Jell-O Shots - Every single one was consumed!
The celebrating continued yesterday (Sunday) with a dinner out with my family (Mom & Dad, Sister, Brother-In-Law, and niece) the out for some ice cream.
Birthday Boy with our niece, Miss L
Today is Hubby's actual birthday and the little stinker has the day off!!  His company gives you your birthday off as a paid "holiday".... wish mine did that :-)  He's hanging out at the house today while I'm stuck at work.  Ah well.... he deserves it!

Considering I can't keep presents a surprise (I get too excited to give them!), Hubby got his presents in stages this weekend.  First one was a boxed set he's been drooling over for the past 9 months...


I let him open that one actually on Thursday last week so he could have the weekend to enjoy it.  Figured it might be kinda mean of me to give it to him when I got home from work today and he wouldn't have a chance to watch them.

Then, on Saturday he got the rest of his gifts..... Tickets to see KISS/Def Leppard next month and a "good" bottle of his favorite Irish Whiskey.  He also got a really nice bottle of Scotch, but I forgot to take a picture of that one... Whoops!

Tonight the plan is to take him out to dinner when I get home from work, and then sit and watch some Friday the 13th.  It's his day and he gets to do what he wants :-)

On the crafting front..... there is NO news!  The wedding I photographed back on the 12th managed to knock me down for about 3 days afterwards.... no crafting done. Then, planning the birthday shindig this weekend took up the rest of my week last week so... no crafting done.  I'm most likely not going to get any work done tonight, but have every intention of working a little bit each night this week to start making some serious progress on my Lattice Quilt. 

Hope everyone has had a fabulous week, a magnificent Monday, and a great week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment