|Me, Mama, and Kath taking a break for lunch|
I didn't take any classes, but had a blast shopping with the gals! Mom was on a misson to find embroidery software, and after HOURS of walking around and exploring all the options, she finally settled on the Husqvarna Viking 6D software. She got a KILLER deal too.... 50% off!! Talk about a fabulous deal! Honestly, I'm totally psyched she got it. I've got a couple of designs I need for some upcoming projects that I've been unable to find. What a great way to "play" with the new software!
I also took the opportunity to meet a fellow Missouri Star Forum member, Debbie MM (Debbie). She was at the expo on the same day, mainly taking classes, but we were sure to meet up in-person for the first time. So great to meet Internet friends :D
I wish I could say that I was "good," but I can't. Well... technically, I was some-what good. I followed Hubby's rule of "if it doesn't fit in the craft room, I can't buy it." Lol. No major purchases for me, but I did manage to pick up LOTS of great goodies!
- Tear-Away, Cut-Away, and Poly-Mesh stabilizers for my embroidery machine
- (6) Tea Towels (for co-worker Christmas gifts this year)
- BIG spool of embroidery machine bobbin thread
- Various spools of day-glow and neutral embroidery threads
- A package of the Bosal In-R-Foam Single Sided interfacing (just HAD to try it out!)
- A couple of 1-yard cuts and a couple FQ's
- A Viking 1/4" piecing foot and package of bobbins
- (2) Stuffed Lady Bug panels
- Couple of patterns
- A fabric stack for the "Betty Bag"
Already looking forward to next year's expo... is that sad? Lol. Was very happy this year though, going into it with some knowledge before hand of what I was looking for, what would be a good deal, what I needed, etc. Completely beats last year's visit!