Friday, April 3, 2015

Finish Friday: Busy As A Bee


With the arrival of my third "nephew" back in January, I've been in complete "baby mode."  The baby's nursery theme is "Bees and Honey," and I was having the HARDEST time finding fabric!  Seriously... checked out every online store I could think of, as well as JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby, and came back empty handed.  Well, that was until a couple of weeks ago.  Just happened to be browsing the aisles at JoAnn's and stumbled on some adorable bee flannel. Just knew it needed to be turned into something fun!  I already made a self-binding receiving blanket for him, but hadn't done one of my Cuddle Quilts yet.  Forty minutes later (having the hardest time matching colors for some reason), I was ready to go.

LOVE how easy these quilts are.  No time in getting the pieces cut, and even the main assembly is really quick.  Only issue I seem to have on each one of these is my basting stitches on the twists showing thru.  Thinking on this one I should have used white thread instead of black for the piecing... but ah well!  It was done and ready to give last weekend.  Mommy & baby love it!


Happy Friday Everyone!


Fort Worth Fabric Studio



Linking back to Fabric Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio, Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts , TGIFF at Quokka Quilts, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Link-A-Finish Friday at Richard & Tanya Quilts

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous and I love the twists! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete