Wednesday, November 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Garden Party

So glad to be able to share with you a WIP this week!  I've been busy, chugging along on my Christmas gifts, but for whatever reason I keep forgetting to take photos, blog, etc.  I'm sorry :(  I hope you don't think I've been neglecting you! 

I wrapped up Christmas gift #4 last week (#3 of 3 going to family in PA) and couldn't wait to get started on the next one.  I found this gorgeous line over at Missouri Star and it just had Hubby's grandma's name written all over it!


The line is Lagoon by Paintbrush Studio.  I just fell in love with it!  I've also had the Garden Party quilt on my "bucket list" of patterns I want to do, so I decided to pair this fabric with that pattern, and VOILA!  Christmas gift for Gram!

Instead of 3 charm packs like the pattern calls for, I got a layer cake (a Daily Deal over on Missouri Star I think).  Just cut the 10" layer cake into 5" charms :) For the solids, I got some Bella Solids - White Bleached yardage for the sashing and borders.  240 - 1 1/2" squares to cut... and that was just for the main blocks.  Add to that another 96 needed for the border.... that was A LOT of cutting!  Lol

Sorry about the crummy lighting!  I've got lousy light in my craft room, especially after dark... so it's kinda hard to get decent pictures.
Spent the night on Sunday getting all the blocks "snowballed," and then the past couple of nights getting them trimmed and pressed.  Couldn't wait to see how it was going to look, so I quickly put together one of the blocks.  LOVE IT!!!  I really can't wait to get this one done and ready to go under the tree for Christmas :D


Sew Fresh Quilts


Linking back to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday and Sew Fresh Quilts' Let's Bee Social



3 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous colours. Can't wait to see the finished design! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is making gorgeous flowers. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your recent finishes, Jess! And this new project sure looks like fun. Those are the perfect fabrics for this design. Lovely flower block!

    ReplyDelete